Howard Lederer, MD, FACS
General Surgery & Bariatric Surgery
“It is my honor and privilege to help people change their lives. I love my job!”
Dr. Howard Lederer is a board certified general surgeon, and Fellow of The American College of Surgeons, who completed a year long fellowship in Bariatric Surgery at the University of Minnesota. He is among the first fellowship trained bariatric surgeons in the country.
Dr. Lederer has performed thousands of bariatric procedures in his career. He also has extensive experience in complex general surgery and trauma care.
He attended medical school at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia and completed his general surgical training at Case Western Reserve University Hospitals in Cleveland Ohio. He is a member of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery as well as the nationally recognized minimally invasive surgery society SAGES.
His practice is dedicated to minimally invasive bariatric surgery as well as complex and revisional bariatric surgical procedures. Dr. Lederer also offers a broad array of minimally invasive and complex general surgical care.
- LRYGBP- Laparoscopic roux en y Gastric Bypass
- Complex Revisional Surgery
- Second stage of Duodenal Switch after Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Laparoscopic Duodenal Switch
- Gastric Balloon
- Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Gastric Remnant Access Procedures for ERCP after Gastric Bypass (combined with GI team)
- Excess Skin Removal- panniculectomy
- Hiatal Hernia Repair after bariatric procedures to eliminate gastro
- esophageal reflux
- Esophagectomy for cancer after various bariatric procedures
- Complex Abdominal Wall Reconstruction for various Hernia Problems
- Laparoscopic Management of Pancreatic Psuedocysts in the Bariatric and Non-Bariatric Patient
2315 Dougherty Ferry Road, Ste 109
Saint Louis, MO 63122